Lewis County Beekeepers' Association is a
registered Washington nonprofit group
of hobbyist & commercial beekeepers
serving Lewis County, Washington,
and parts of Thurston/Cowlitz Counties.
We are a volunteer-run organization
supported entirely by members' dues that
keep our events & services free & open to
* To help members start & sustain bee colonies, sharing expertise through meetings, classes, workshops, & our mentor program;
* To serve county residents by removing unwanted colonies & swarms at no cost, saving bees for new beekeepers;
* To preserve the honey bee by sharing up-to-date information about identifying & controlling bee diseases & keeping bee-friendly gardens;
* To teach harvesting honey for families, friends, & as a potential income source.
Please see menu bar, above, for resources:
* Upcoming Events
* Monthly Meetings
* Mentors & Classes
* Swarm & Colony Removal Service
* Beekeeping Supplies
* Bees in the News
* Honey ~ Issues, Cooking, Buying Local
* Planting for Bees ~ protecting pollinators from pesticides
* Photo Gallery
* Join Us (Membership)
Click on "Resources/Links,” above, to find information on:
* Getting bees tested for parasites & diseases at WSU's APIS lab
*Registering hives in the State of Washington
*Best practices for successful over-wintering
As well as links to these additional topics:
Would your organization like a speaker on bee - related topics?
Are you interested in taking a beginning beekeeping class? Click here.
firstname.lastname@example.org; 360 880 8130
LCBA is an associate member of the Washington State Beekeepers' Association.
LCBA also works with the Lewis County Extension Office of Washington State University to provide resources & information about honey bees to our community.
LCBA IS ON FACEBOOK!
Take a look, post information, links, photos, or simply “Like” us on Facebook! This is a great opportunity to post questions and get (relatively) quick answers.
Above, LCBA President leads hive inspection workshop in Randle (photo, Tomme Trikosko)