Lewis County Beekeepers' Association is a
501(C)3 nonprofit corporation
of hobbyist & commercial beekeepers
serving Lewis County, Washington,
and parts of Thurston/Cowlitz Counties.
We are a volunteer-run organization
supported entirely by members' dues &
donations that keep our events & services
free & open to the public.
* To help members start & sustain bee colonies, sharing expertise through meetings, classes, workshops, & our mentor program;
* To serve county residents by removing unwanted colonies & swarms at no cost, saving bees for new beekeepers;
* To preserve the honey bee by sharing up-to-date information about identifying & controlling bee diseases & keeping bee-friendly gardens;
* To teach harvesting honey for families, friends, & as a potential income source.
See Home Menu Bar, above, for:
* Our Constitution & Bylaws
* Board of Directors
For more LCBA info & beekeeping resources, visit these main site pages:
* Upcoming Events
* Monthly Meetings
* Mentors / Workshops / Classes
* Swarm Capture & Colony Removals
* Bees in the News
* Plant for Bees
* Youth Scholarship Program
* Beekeeping Supplies
* Southwest Washington Fair
*Resource / Links
* Kenyan Beekeepers
* Photo Gallery
Click on "Resources/Links,” above, to find information on:
* Getting bees tested for parasites & diseases at WSU's APIS lab
*Registering hives in the State of Washington
*Best practices for successful over-wintering
as well as links to these additional topics:
Would your organization like a speaker on bee - related topics?
Are you interested in taking a beginning beekeeping class? Click here to learn more. Our next apprentice course will be in early 2016; meanwhile, see our Upcoming Events page for meetings & workshops.
firstname.lastname@example.org; 360 880 8130
LCBA is an associate member of the Washington State Beekeepers' Association.
LCBA also works with the Lewis County Extension Office of Washington State University to provide resources & information about honey bees to our community.
LCBA IS ON FACEBOOK!
Take a look, post information, links, photos, or simply “Like” us on Facebook! This is a great opportunity to post questions and get (relatively) quick answers. Paste in the link below or just put "Lewis County Beekeepers Association" in your FB browser.
Above, LCBA members watching bees hatch out at a workshop in Winlock, April 2014. Children are welcome at LCBA workshops & events. Photo by webmaster, Susanne Weil. Unless otherwise attributed, all photos on this site are by the webmaster; for permission to reproduce them, please contact email@example.com.